Principal retired from Margherita college, Assam, India.
Now working as Director, International Center for Academic and Cultural Exchange, University of Science and Technology, Meghalaya. Adviser, North Eastern Federation of International Trade. Working as NAAC peer team member. I was elected member of Dibrugarh University for two terms and elected member of Executive council of the same university for five years. Also worked as Government nominee of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council for fourteen years. Leaded several State, National and International level socio-cultural and professional organizations. Now working for rural development under a project called “Srimanta Sankardev Ideal Village Mission”. Also working under a project of NEFIT called TCIM (Thailand, China, India, Myanmar) academic and cultural exchange mission as a part of India’s Act East policy. Working as coordinator of Indian Colleges Forum for the North Eastern Region of India. Served as vice President and General Secretary of Assam College Principal’s Council.
- ‘Devendra Nath Goyle’ Award for best oral presentation in the National Seminar “Conservation & Development in Tropics” jointly organized by Department of Botany, B.HU, Varanasi and International Society for Conservation of Natural Resources, 1995.
- Conferred FNRS Title by International Society for conservation of Natural Resources for notable contribution towards conservation and development of muga silk industry in Assam.
- Gold Star Millenniums Award for outstanding individual achievements and distinguished services to the Nation presented by Global Economic Council in the International Seminar on Indo Nepal Friendship and Economic Co-operation at Kathmandu, Nepal, 2003.
- Rajiv Gandhi Shiromani Award for outstanding individual achievements and distinguished services to the Nation presented by Citizens Integration Peace Society, New Delhi on 19th August, 2011.
- ‘Excellent Leadership Role Award’ Indian Colleges Forum, 2014 Kerela.
- ‘Best Leader Principal’ Indian Colleges Forum, 2016,Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- ‘Best organizer Award’ Indian Colleges Forum, 2017, Hyderabad.
- ‘Distinguish service Award’ Indian Colleges Forum, 2018, Jamshedpur
- ‘Best College Teacher of the District’ Tinsukia District Administration, 2018
- Best academic achievement as Principal at Margherita College:
- The college produced ‘Best Graduate’ in 2008 under Dibrugarh University in Commerce, 9th and 8th position in HS final Exam(commerce),in 2018 and 19 Respectively.
- Best honour to Margherita college during my tenure;
- i)Govt. of Assam declared Margherita college as “Nodal college” being the first First in the district as per NAAC Assessment.
- ii)Margherita Sub-divisional Administration honoured Margherita College as best academic Institution in the sub-division in 2018.